CIHAD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Preference will be given to qualified Native American applicants in accordance to Section 7(b) of Public Law 93-638; (88 Stat. 2205; 25 U.S.C. 450w (b)).
On this page, you will find information about CIHAD's current open positions and benefits as well as a pdf copy of our job application.
Please remember these important details when completing the application:
Print neatly in blue or black ink or type.
Answer all questions completely. Leave nothing blank.
Attach additional sheets if necessary.
Read all information/disclaimer on application.
Sign Application where required.
You may mail in, fax, or scan and e-mail your application, Attn. Admin. Asst.
Please note that while we accept
Maintenance and Modernization (Renovation) applications year round,
there are NO Maintenance and Modernization positions currently open.
Currently Open: 1
Rehab Construction Worker - Closes 6/7/2017 - 5:00 PM
Salary Range: D.O.E
Under the Supervisor of Renovation with the direction of the Construction Coordinator. Must follow all CIHAD Policy and Procedures. Laborer/Trainee will be performing the following duties to assist the lead men in different phases of construction which include:
Knowledge and Skills:
o Ability to work well with others
o Ability to follow all Safety Rules
o Ability to pass pre-test drug/alcohol testing
o Ability to climb ladder
o Ability to lift 50 lbs.
o Ability to do physical Labor
1. Must have a clean Arizona driver’s license.
2. Be insurable and bondable (if necessary).
3. Must submit to and pass pre-employment drug test.
4. High School Diploma or GED.
5. Ability to lift 50 lbs. and work outdoors for long periods of time.
**All interested persons must go to Cocopah Indian Housing and Development web-site to download and complete our application. Our application is different from the Cocopah Tribe. Our web address is as follows: www.ontherez.org NATIVE AMERICAN AND CURRENT EMPLOYEE EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE POLICIES ARE APPLICABLE TO ALL POSITIONS.
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) with company benefits.
• Number of Positions: Accepting Applications • Pay Rate: Prevailing wage • Closing Date: N/A • Contact: (928) 627-8863 • Preference: Preference given to qualified Native Americans • Special Note: Maintenance Department positions require periodic evening and weekend on-call duty.
• Must be able to perform all phases of housing maintenance, including carpentry, plumbing and electrical repairs. • Must have a clean Arizona driver’s license. • Experience in repairing heating and air conditioning equipment will be helpful.
MODERNIZATION CREWMEMBERS These are full-time (40 hours per week), temporary positions (without benefits).
• Number of Positions: Accepting Applications • Pay Rate: Dependent on Skills/Experience • Closing Date: N/A
• Contact: (928) 627-8863 • Preference: Preference given to qualified Native Americans
• Construction general and site clean-up. • Home reconstruction (e.g., concrete, framing, electrical and plumbing repair, drywall, roofing, carpentry, painting, floor tile and cabinet installation).
• Must have a clean Arizona driver’s license. • Experience will be helpful, but not necessary. • On-the-job training is available.
CIHAD employees enjoy all benefits provided by law, including Workers’ Compensation Insurance, Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) and State Unemployment Insurance (SUI).
In addition to benefits provided by law, CIHAD makes other benefits available to employees with regular status, including:
• 10 Paid Holidays • 401(k) Pension Plan with Employer Match (up to 2.5% of an employee’s contribution)
• Company-Funded Health Reimbursement Account - not Renovation • Paid Annual Leave (accrual based on length of employment) - not Renovation • Paid Sick Leave - not Renovation
Particular effort will be made to ensure that Cocopah tribal members are recruited for staff positions. This effort is defined as providing whatever training is reasonable to ensure that the Cocopah member is given every opportunity to fill open vacancies.
Therefore, applicants who are Cocopah-enrolled tribal members will be interviewed for whatever position they apply if they meet the basic qualifications of the position.
All other candidates will be screened to ensure they possess position-appropriate qualifications prior to scheduling an interview.
All job vacancies will be first announced to current CIHAD staff members. If a vacancy is not filled from the staff, it will be announced and recruited through tribal members and residents living on the Cocopah Reservation.
If a vacancy is not filled by recruiting from the reservation, a public notice may be placed in the local paper advertising the position. Reservation and public notice of a position may be advertised concurrently.
CIHAD is a drug-free workplace and enforces a no tolerance policy regarding illegal substance use.
Periodic random drug testing is used to monitor employee compliance.
If you have any questions or comments call us at 928.627.8863.
If you prefer, you can also contact us by e-mail, and we will get back with you as soon as possible.